Dr. Prashanth Kumar Dhanpal:
Prashanth attained his Master’s degree in Dental Surgery from The University of Hong Kong in 2007, following this up with an advanced diploma in Paediatric Dentistry in 2008.
In 2010, he was inducted as a member of The Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons and a fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2014. His research and clinical expertise has seen him routinely lecture in Australia, the United Kingdom, Germany, and India. Prashanth is endorsed by the Australian Dental Association and runs a sought after, biannual training program for general dentists with a special interest in Paediatric dentistry.
Prashanth practiced as a specialist at Sydney Dental Hospital and was an honorary clinical lecturer for undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University of Sydney from 2010-2013. Prashanth currently practices in Pymble on Sydney’s North Shore and Tamworth. He is a visiting dental specialist for the Hunter New England local health district and the current Secretary for Australia New Zealand Society of Paediatric Dentistry, NSW branch (ANZSPD, NSW).
Prashanth is a proud father to Diya and Tarun who keep him very busy outside of work. Prashanth is a keen follower of sport and has represented Gerringong Cricket Club and played Grade III cricket. He is an opening batsman and has 3, 50+ scores to his credit.
- Director and principal Paediatric dentist at North Shore Paediatric Dentistry, Pymble
- Director and principal Paediatric Dentist at NSPD New England branch, Tamworth
- Visiting Dental Specialist, Hunter New England Local health District
- President, Australia New Zealand Society of Paediatric Dentistry, NSW Branch
- Council member, Australian Dental Association, NSW
- King NM, Wong HM, Ahmed AH, Prashanth Kumar and Manikandan. More Milk, Stronger Teeth? (Part II). Dental Asia Nov/Dec 2006; 23-27.
- King NM, Wong HM, Ahmed AH, Prashanth Kumar and Manikandan. More Milk, Stronger Teeth? (Part III). Dental Asia Mar/April 2007; 12-16.
- Dhanpal PK, Cynthia Kar-Yung Yiu CKY, King NM. “Effect of temperature on water sorption and solubility of dental adhesive resin”. Journal of Dentistry 37(2009) 122–132.
- Dhanpal PK, Cynthia Kar-Yung Yiu CKY, King NM. A review of dentine adhesives in Paediatric Dentistry. Hong Kong Dental Journal 2007; 3(2): 80-89.
- Dhanpal PK, King NM. “Bilateral, bi-maxillary bi-rooted primary canines: report of a case”. Journal of clinical Paediatric Dentistry, Volume 34, Number 2 / Winter 2009: 113-116.